Recorded Event: The story of the war
Type: Narrative: Contemporary Events
Primary Speech Variety: Mountain Arapesh: Wautogik variety
Secondary Speech Varieties: Tok Pisin
Date: circa 1999-02 Location: Wautogik Duration: 75:00
Description: The speaker recalling her experiences during and after WWII
Note: An important turning point in the village's history. Continues on Clemen Hayin's History of Waut.
Note: notebooks: b2.8-20, b2.20-35, b2.35-48
- Lise Dobrin · Researcher, (F : 32) ~ American linguist, born Chicago 1966. Graduate student (linguistics, University of Chicago).
- Antonia Sengu · Primary, (F : c 66) Wautogik ~ fluent Arapesh speaker, no formal education
- Otto Sengu · Secondary, (M : c 78) Wautogik ~ fluent Arapesh speaker
Cassette cover scan (click to enlarge)
- The Story of the War - Part 2a
- The Story of the War - Part 1
- The Story of the War - Part 2b