Recorded Event: History of Wautogik Clemen Hayin version
Type: Narrative: Traditional
Primary Speech Variety: Mountain Arapesh: Wautogik variety
Secondary Speech Varieties: Tok Pisin
Date: 1998-05-04 Location: Wautogik Duration: 31:59
Description: The authoritative history of the events leading to the founding of Wautogik village
Note: Authoritative version of the Waut charter tale, with help.
Note: For last third of the text, the Elan is the original transcription. Errors likely.
Note: notebook: g.47-56
- Clemen Hayin · Primary, (M : c 73) Wautogik ~ went to the Boikin Catholic school in Tok Pisin, no literacy, traditional leader of Wautogik village's first clan (Abahinem)
- Arnold Watiem · Secondary, (M : 62) Wautogik ~ fluent Arapesh speaker, educated to grade 3
- Lise Dobrin · Researcher, (F : 32) ~ American linguist, born Chicago 1966. Graduate student (linguistics, University of Chicago).
- Harry Sakagu · Secondary, (M : c 40) Wautogik ~ some Arapesh with some effort
Cassette cover scan (click to enlarge)
- Clemen Hayin's History of Wautogik