Recorded Event: Storying at Gori
Primary Speech Variety: Mountain Arapesh: Wautogik variety
Secondary Speech Varieties: Tok Pisin
Date: 1998-05-04 Location: Wautogik Duration: 24:25
Description: unfocused conversation that was a prelude to a more serious discussion.
Note: Not transcribed
- Clemen Hayin · Primary, (M : c 73) Wautogik ~ went to the Boikin Catholic school in Tok Pisin, no literacy, traditional leader of Wautogik village's first clan (Abahinem)
- Arnold Watiem · Primary, (M : 62) Wautogik ~ fluent Arapesh speaker, educated to grade 3
- Lise Dobrin · Researcher, (F : 32) ~ American linguist, born Chicago 1966. Graduate student (linguistics, University of Chicago).
- Jacob Sonin · Primary, (M : c 60) Wautogik ~ fluent Arapesh speaker, very good English
- Christopher Worubə · Primary, (M : ) Wautogik ~
Cassette cover scan (click to enlarge)